Wednesday 20 June 2012

Garlands


Sooo I had a clean out of my kitchen at the weekend just gone and although it looked cleaner it also seems to be lacking something, I went out the front garden and picked some roses and put them in a pot






but still it's not right so here I am garland hunting on the internet for ideas.  There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many different garlands I am going with crochet ones and have found a few different ones I like and started on a flower one last night and fell asleep with my crochet needle in hand but am hoping to have garland up by the weekend and best I do because I seem to be getting a list of orders...oldest daughter wants two and one of the younger daughters has decided on a star one for her room and a few others have shown a big interest :)

Here is the start..

 and talking about starts I treated myself to something today after work..


I am going to start patchwork I remember years ago (MANY) doing hexagons with Laura Ashley fabric but things have come way on from those days and I am very much looking forward to making a patchwork quilt and am really trying not to run before I can walk with it but I doubt I will stay composed and will dive right in with a quilt and older daughter has put one of those on her list too.. Oh my.

Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine why it lasts as it will tip down tomorrow. LBF x

3 comments:

  1. Any thing Cath Kidston is amazing and I bet this is no exception.....love your roses too......thank you for you comment and ditto to the stopping by.....have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Thank you for popping in on me also!
    Good luck with your garlands, I must admit I have them all around in my home.
    Love your moggie too!
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog! I wish I had a bunny

    ReplyDelete